Saturday, January 14, 2012

the trouble with staying on track

Every intention was set for closing the old blog and starting up this new one.  The rebranding had begun and it felt good.  Like the Burning Bowl and White Stone ceremonies of the first of the year I felt cleansed and renewed; unfettered from the past.  I felt ready to blog again and even got a suggestion from my brother in law that I was going to write about that coincided with the Rose Parade.  A funny family story where my father, holding my 2-year old brother sat through the camp stool he was sitting on.  He landed on his ass on the sidewalk on Pasadena Boulevard.   It's a classic family story and I fully intended to write about it.  However, one thing got in my way - the XBox I got for Christmas.

At first it was good fun with the family.  We'd play Dance Central or another game together.  We would enjoy the dance challenges and work up winter post-holiday sweats dancing to songs that the younger ones knew but the hubby and I really didn't.  There was a fun, silly element of flailing in front of the television.  Instead of parked on the sectional watching television we were up dancing around to this amazing technology that made us the controller in a video game.  With the purchase of a cheapo arcade game we never got around playing Body-Brain Connection because I made a selfish mistake.  I purchased Leela for myself and my life changed. 

Hours were spent trying to align my chakras with this game.  I worked it for almost 2 hours one day trying to get my Sacral Chakra level completed.  By the time I had completed the level my hips were so dang sore.  Not excruciating but that nagging "you are not as young as you used to be" pain.  It was a humbling moment for sure.  On some levels it hurt my feelings but then on another I realized that this was all a part of the adventure we're on.

It was a good thing that the hubby and I went away for a weekend to Flagstaff as it gave my middle-aged body - and psyche - a rest.  We had a great time staying a haunted hotel and having a fabulous meal.  As we did 35 years ago; we danced in the Monte Vista Lounge.  We felt cold and we felt alive. 

A day back and a bear hug later I have a bruised rib to go along with my bruised ego.  I am seeing as a gift from the Universe.  Don't work so hard on your chakras and make it competitive with this video game.  Take it slow.  Breathe.  Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment