Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Presbyopia Sucks

It's been coming for a while.  The shower has never had the best light and it's been getting harder to see the close up items as my presbyopia progressed.  Wearing the contact lenses in the shower became ineffective due to poor lighting and wearing the bifocals impossible.  A few years ago the daughter laughed at me when my armpits were hairy and said "I know, they are too close for you to see".  Reality and truth hurts.

I have patiently waited for the body hair loss all older women report but it has thinned only.  Still have random armpit and leg hair to my chagrin.  Sparser sure, but still there.  I still need to shave else I look like Mountain Girl. Hmph.  It became worse and worse so before I hurt myself using a razor I broke down and bought this electric shaver.  This way I can put on the bifocals, shave the legs then take a shower.  Like old women do. Sure it works.  It's not as close a shave and certainly not as convenient either.  The worst part is it was the admission of my creeping codgerism. 

"What a drag it is getting old" - Mick Jagger, Mother's Little Helper

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, eye sight problems can be an issue for getting certain things done. I myself am surely going blind. I can't see half as well as I used to only about 5 years ago. At least having someone to laugh with will make it a little better. As we age, certain abilities diminish. Eyesight tends to be one of the abilities.

    Doris Gibbs @ Moody Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all catches up with us sometime. My eyesight is getting worse as the years go on and now I even need special contact lenses to account for my astigmatism. At least I can still see though, so I cannot complain too much about things. Hope you get used to it, it's not the end of the world.

    Audrey Mack @ Clarity Vision - Apex, NC

    ReplyDelete