Monday, January 13, 2014

Missing Yoga Practice


Last week was kind of crazy with the hubby's b-day and work schedule issue.  Because life got in the way I missed practice.  Ack!  I vowed (NOT a resolution - I don't do those) that I would start this week and go to daily practice after work again.  Get into the groove, the schedule, the Zen of it all.

HA! The Universe ROARED!  HA! 


I got some sort of virus thing that has been roaming around the cubicles at work despite the cold temperatures in the building.  There has been hacking, wheezing, sniffling, sneezing and all the other activities that go with cold and flu season.  Last week seemed to be a contest among some as to who could be the sickest one there at work.  Kids were being sent home from school and daycare with this nastiness so of course the parents go it.  Many of them also came to work feeling rugged because they'd had to use the time to take care of their sick kids first.  They hide it and tough it out. 

Needless to say I acquired a small case (compared to others) and spent the weekend flat on my back either in bed or parked in front of the TV watching the NFL Divisional Playoffs.  Saturday I drifted in and out of lucidity while I watched the Saints fall to the frightening Seahawks. The hubby came home from a day with the guys and fed me soup and 7-Up.  I sat pie-eyed and watched the Colts fall to my beloved Patriots.
 I had slammed back some, Tylenol, Wal-born and zinc lozenges.  I went to bed.  Felt a tad better on Sunday but pretty much followed the same routine with different teams (Broncos over Colts and the Panthers falling to the stinkin' 49'ers.  I hit the hay and got up this morning ready to seek vengeance upon those who had infected me - I went to work.  Dammit.


Of course yoga was completely out of the question.  I would not do that to my fellow practitioners. 
However, I miss it so much but know that I am not doing anyone any favors if I don't wait until I am 98%. Face it - at my age I will never be 100%; just close.

No comments:

Post a Comment